Sunday, November 15, 2020

Back from the dead and a post Halloween hangover

I've been mostly inactive on the internet except for Facebook for the past eleven months. A lot of that is due to my busy schedule as a self employed lawn maintenance contractor and gardener...and also because I got a bad case of "internet fatigue" and online burnout. I am absolutely going to continue to abstain from discussing politics and/or religion on the internet and that includes this blog as well as my internet message board Monsterland Forums. Monsterland Forums, aka "Monsterland Asylum", is still active albeit with only a half dozen members (including myself) posting there. This message board, formerly formatted in Zetaboards, was transformed to a Tapatalks message board. I don't like Tapatalks but I am thankful Monsterland Forums wasn't deleted. I started it way back on January 29, 2006 and while it isn't nearly as active as it used to be(up until 20009 when Facebook took over) I still like the fact it's still here and has a following of sorts.


I dread November as it signals the start of my "leaf seasons" which are mostly large scale leaf clean ups on my properties. I also dislike November because I always suffer from a kind of post Halloween "hangover". Halloween is one of the few times during each year when I take time to slow down a little and use "All Hallows Eve" as an excuse to watch horror movies, consume pumpkin spice flavored coffee and also pumpkin flavored pop tarts. This year was no different in that regard and movies I ALWAYS watch in October were viewed again including: THE BEAST WITHIN(1982), PIT AND THE PENDULUM(1961), DIE MONSTER! DIE!(1965), HORROR OF DRACULA(1958) and HOUSE OF WAX(1953).


I'm going to "restart" this blog and see about about maintaining at least some sort of regular activity here.