Friday, December 24, 2010

Monsterland Forums in 2010

Monsterland Forums, my internet message board, will be celebrating it's fifth "birthday" on January 29, 2011. I started up this message board on a used laptop computer back on January 29, 2006. I didn't know much of what I was doing. This board started out as an "Invisionfree" hosted site and made the changeover to "Zetaboards" two years ago in 2008. 2006 and 2007 were slow years for Monsterland Forums but 2008 and 2009 were both much better in terms of posting activity with the board generating well over 30,000 posts for each of these years. 2010 has seen a decline in posting activity while the board has continued to accumulate new member registrations: we have 39 new members in 2010.

The board itself has many secondary web page links by which members can view movie trailers(sci and horror, both classic, recent releases and upcoming films) and an "affiliates" web page. We also feature eight(8) custom themes(skins) with matching forum banners, a far cry from the early days when I used one theme(skin) and an animated banner I made myself and looked, well like crap. I also work to maintain a "calendar" of important sci-fi/horror updates on the main board as well(as clickable links).

I don't anticipate many changes for Monsterland Forums in 2011. I am going to try and work at improving the posting activity in slow(er) forums and also seek some feedback from Zetaboards over what I can to improve the overall appeal of the board itself. 

Anyone wanting to give Monsterland Forums a look can do by clicking the title of this blog.