Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Some Like It Hot: Hellraiser(1987)

Jason Voorhees, Michael Myers, Chucky, Cropsy, Candyman, The Creeper, Leatherface and Freddy Krueger all get major props from me for being the horror icons that they are. The one character in horror movies I always enjoy watching the most, however, is "Pinhead", who first appeared in the 1987 horror movie Hellraiser, directed by Clive Barker. Pinhead, played masterfully by Doug Bradley, would appear in many sequels to the 1987 film. Still, I prefer the first film in this franchise. I recently bought the twentieth anniversary special edition DVD of this movie which is available for sale at many online retailers, including Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000UVV23I
(you can also see this DVD by clicking the title of this blog)

The film's trailer: