Monday, June 30, 2014

How long could you last without your mobile phone?

How long could you last without your mobile phone?

Click the link above and find out. If you believe the article(and poll) 47% of Americans say they are addicted to their cell phones. 24% say they would feel "naked" if they were without their mobile devices for 24 hours or longer.

And me? I've been using a Samsung Freeform III cell phone for the past two years and before that a Samsung Freeform. These are very basic phones with a camera, texting and the local and long distance calling capabilities as well as having alarms and other nice(but basic features).

These Samsung Freeform cell phones are now widely considered antiquated dinosaurs in the mobile communications industry which is just fine by me since, at age fifty two, I'm something of a dinosaur now myself (an allosaurus or dodo bird depending on who you ask). I've found my cell phone to be convenient and a very useful tool of my trade(gardening/landscaping work). I am planning to upgrade to an "android" style cell phone before year's end but I won't be spending any large amount of money for one either. Am I addicted to my cell phone? Nope. I never will be either!